What Parents WantTuesday, May 29, 2018
School administration software has made most activities like admissions, attendance recording, fee payments, timetable management, bus tracking, etc available under one platform. However, many ERP providers are unaware of what the parents expect from a school software. Here is a list of what every parent expects and is concerned about. Is your school software giving priority to these?
- Parent-Teacher Communication
- Parents expect a regular update regarding their kid’s progress and daily activities. Does your school software provide enough communication options to communicate with parents? With messaging options like SMS, e-mail and push notifications, communications related to performance, attendance and other emergencies become much easier.
- Real-time Access to Attendance
- Poor attendance affects performance. Real-time access to their ward’s attendance can help in curbing absenteeism. Automated text messages and e-mails also help in better parent engagement.
- School Announcements and Calendar
- It really helps if parents are notified about meetings or events well in advance. Sending early SMS or e-mail alerts enables parents to plan their schedules in advance. A reminder message before the event is also a must. Calendar of events should be in a presentable and easy-to-understand format for the convenience of parents.
- Real-time Bus Tracking
- Live bus tracking ensures that parents never have to wait for long at the bus stops. With the help of a route map and live tracking, parents can even catch up with the bus in case they miss it for some reason. They do not have to go all the way to the school to drop their kids. A speed alert can also be set in the bus tracking module for added safety
- A Robust Mobile App
- Smart phones are the most used gadgets these days, and a mobile app is the best way to keep parents updated about their kids’ activities. No need to go searching for timetables, homework, notices, etc. on the school website. A mobile app presents all information in an easily accessible format which can be checked on the go. Parents can simply download the mobile app and get connected!
For reducing time, efforts, manual errors, operational costs and lapses, implement eConnect’s Hostel Management module NOW! In return you will gain maximum ROI, a good reputation, parents’ trust and an easy solution that keeps your staff happy!