20 Reasons for Implementing ERP in Educational Institutes
If you wish to know how implementing ERP can help your school or institution manage costs, improve ROI, put your resources to the best use, and take better and more informed decisions for the school, read on…
As the head of an institution, one has to manage a lot of tasks and take many crucial decisions every day. Constantly striving towards improving student achievement, one has to simultaneously take care of multiple tasks like controlling student behavior, recruiting and training teachers and staff, improving teaching effectiveness, providing latest facilities, enhancing student participation in various activities, arranging for scholarships and sponsorships, maintaining a safe and secure environment, conforming to set norms, encouraging new activities, events, etc. and much more…
Technology integration is the solution for most of the challenges faced by the principals and institution heads. Technology not only creates future-ready classrooms, but also ensures future-ready students and future-ready citizens.
A robust ERP solution like Jupsoft eConnect K12 can make tasks easier to manage and streamline all processes associated with administration of a school. Let’s look at a few benefits of implementing ERP in a school:
- Minimized Paperwork– Maintaining all sorts of records, reports, papers and filled forms is one of the biggest challenges of school administration. Eliminating paperwork and automating data collection processes through online forms, applications and even assessments can make life much easier for all stakeholders. Going paperless also helps save the environment and saves you the hassle of storing file after file! All data can be stored effectively on cloud or at premises without worrying about space constraints.
- Efficiency– An ERP system eliminates repetitive processes, making them streamlined, quick and easy. It also eliminates the need for repeated data entry as well as manual errors.
- Decision-Making– A principal’s decisions and strategies are critical to institutional performance. If decisions are based on facts and analysis of available data, they are much more prone to give desired results. Automated reports, graphical presentations and instant analysis of data are possible with the help of ERP modules, which can lead to quick, insightful and informed decisions for achievement of set goals.
- Scheduling– Often, scheduling and rescheduling of classes, teachers and staff disturbs the daily functioning of schools. It is also time consuming. Cognitive reframing of schedules with automated timetable management system enables teachers to manage class schedules across multiple courses, faculty and rooms for different time periods. Automated scheduling and time table management can help reduce conflicts in manual scheduling and easily organize substitute teachers to help maintain continuity of classes.
- Faculty Evaluation– Teachers are responsible for the achievement of a diverse population of students who may have varied learning styles. By using innovative methodologies and flexibility in teaching styles, one can help most of the students to fare well. But, it becomes difficult to evaluate teaching effectiveness using conventional methods. A faculty evaluation system can help in gathering accurate feedback through online reviews, surveys, forms, etc. Based on the feedback received, training and improvement action plan can be chalked out to improve teaching performance.
- Attendance and Discipline– Absenteeism and misconduct are major concerns for principals. Educational institutions can improve class attendance by using RFID and Biometric based attendance tracking system to monitor student movements in real-time. Order and discipline can be maintained by using sophisticated discipline trackers that can capture incidents from mobile devices and notify authorities in real-time and ensure student safety. In this way, violence, vandalism, bullying, etc. can also be controlled in the campus.
- Communication and Collaboration– Powerful communication tools like discussion forum, chat, messaging and social media have a positive impact within the institute community and promote collaborative learning. Parental involvement with the view to support and encourage student achievement can also be strengthened through communication facilities like SMS, text, e-mail, electronic notifications, etc. Real-time updates regarding events, meetings, grades, fee collection, attendance, and discipline via web and mobile devices can improve interactions between teachers and parents and close the communication gap.
- Reduced Operational Costs –Manual processes involve overhead expenses in the form of staff salaries, benefits, cost of training and infrastructure, etc., which in turn affect the revenue of the institutes. Automated and streamlined processes leads to better resource management and saves on administrative costs and manual labour.
- Fees and Accounting- Fee management and accounting software makes sure every penny received and spent is accounted for. Right from fees due to late fees, fees for special courses, transport, etc. are streamlined, accurate and free from manual errors, making the whole system more transparent and secure.
- Automation- Modules like automated attendance, time-table creation, automated library management, etc. leave enough time for the teachers to take special care of the weaker students.
- Automated Reports- Generating reports becomes quick, easy and also customizable. With auto grading and analyzing capabilities, progress reports are no longer a headache for teachers! With other reports like financial reports, performance reports, attendance reports, etc. decision making becomes simpler, more transparent and quicker.
- Integrated Information –Storing data at a central database makes it easy to manage and retrieve. Data is also kept consistent, secure and up-to-date.
- Instant Messaging –Instant messages and notifications help schools to reach out to parents in case of emergencies or important notices and updates.
- Security –A school management software improves accuracy, consistency and security of data. Data can only be accessed through a valid login ID and password, thus keeping track of all data accessed in real time.
- Student Life-cycle Management– Data management and storage begins right from pre-admission stage and continues till alumni stage. The entire data – right from progress reports, achievements, examinations, certifications, conduct, teachers’ remarks, photographs, medical history, etc. can be stored, managed and accessed at the click of a button!
- HR Management – Modules like payroll management, leave management, automated attendance for teachers and staff, automated pay slip generator, etc. can take care of all HR management tasks as well.
- Resource Management – Real-time inventory and resource management enables the administration to optimize operations, allocate appropriate funds and monitor all activities in the institution. This helps accelerate decision making and also forecast and plan ahead to mitigate issues or problems.
- API Integration – APIs are essential for seamless communication and navigation to different websites or applications. API integration like payment gateways, eLearning platforms, video galleries, online resources, social networking sites, etc. can help in achieving seamless operations and one-stop-solutions for all educational and administration needs.
- Single Platform for Multiple Branches and Departments– Multiple branches located at different locations becomes accessible and easy to track with our ERP solution. One can manage, view, review, track and analyze different branches and departments, making administration consistent, transparent and coordinated. One can even view class-wise activities ranging from student and staff attendance, student progress, fee collection, transportation, events, etc. from single platform.
- Enhanced Brand Value –Last, but not the least, a good ERP enabled school creates a lasting impression for all stakeholders, including sponsors, trustees, new admissions, and alumni. A school with a futuristic approach will attract the best talents and create a name for itself in the educational arena.
A school management system is not just an option today, it is a necessity!